- Who benefits from using SpatialKey?
Enterprises of all sizes have a wealth of data, 80% of it location-based. Unfortunately this valuable resource is often out of reach for decision-makers, either locked within systems only accessible by data analysts, or tucked away in individual spreadsheets.
SpatialKey helps organizations realize the full potential of their data. Web-based and easy to use, it puts interactive analyses and reports in the hands of the people who make business-critical decisions every day. What’s more, the application deploys cost-effectively in minutes or hours, and it extends and enhances the value of existing systems and processes.
To see for yourself, contact us if your are interested.
- Can I access SpatialKey from different computers?
Yes. Since SpatialKey is a web-based application, all you need is your login to access your data and generate and share reports critical to your day-to-day operations.
- Does SpatialKey offer an API?
SpatialKey supports a variety of APIs including data management APIs and embedded client APIs. See API Documentation for more info.
No programming knowledge? You can leverage our API to create and update data in SpatialKey with the Data Management API Command Line Tool.
- What are SpatialKey’s underlying technologies?
The SpatialKey client is built using Adobe’s Flash Platform for Rich Internet Applications. The SpatialKey On-Demand application is built on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. We use both the Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) and Simple Storage Service (S3) as part of our infrastructure.
- What are the benefits of Software as a Service (SaaS)?
SaaS applications are faster and easier to deploy, update, and maintain than traditional installations within an organization’s infrastructure. Because updates can be deployed cost-effectively, users can immediately take advantage of new features and functionalities versus having to wait for deployment of updates. SaaS subscriptions are also easier to scale up and down to meet changing business needs.
- How is SpatialKey different from traditional Business Intelligence (BI) tools?
Most BI tools are designed for power analysts, not the people in the trenches who need the information. Also, most BI tools have few location analysis capabilities, if any, and they provide static reports. SpatialKey is designed to make it easy for decision makers in your organization to access relevant data, leverage location intelligence to analyze it, and act quickly on results.
- How is SpatialKey different than traditional Geographic Information Systems (GIS)?
SpatialKey is different in a number of ways:
- GIS tools typically take users weeks or months to learn and are designed for GIS specialists who produce maps. This significantly limits adoption and use of location-based information throughout an organization. SpatialKey enables users to be productive in minutes and is specifically designed to help decision makers interactively analyze and share location-based information regardless of their job function or training.
- GIS tools typically deliver publishable maps. SpatialKey produces interactive analysis and reports that can be shared among multiple individuals and groups.
- GIS tools use data that is prepared and summarized to generate a specific map. SpatialKey enables users to work directly and interactively with information imported from other business systems, making every important detail available for analysis and export.
- GIS tools can take weeks or months to deploy within an organization. SpatialKey can be deployed to small or large organizations in just a few hours.